I recently had the opportunity to interview John Stonestreet, the President of the Colson Center for Christian Worldview, about gospel-centered citizenship in post-Christian America.
If you are unfamiliar with John’s work and especially the Breakpoint podcast, he is a nationally-respected commentator on faith and culture, theology, worldview, education and apologetics. I especially appreciate his humorous, perceptive and Biblical commentary on our cultural moment.
Key takeaways from the conversation:
- Two observations about Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s (and any other politician’s) use of Scripture to justify political positions.
- Advice to pastors on speaking up about Biblical truth in the midst of increased political polarization.
- An explanation of the two predominant views of freedom and why a proper view of freedom is critical to the advance of the gospel and the preservation of the American republic.
- Why the increasingly apparent bankruptcy of the sexual revolution and other unbiblical ideas present an opportunity to the church.
- Practical thoughts and encouragement on how to seize that opportunity.