Church planters have a unique opportunity to take the “heartbeat” of their community and to build an outwardly focused ministry that has significant spiritual impact in their community.
Pastor Matthew Sims is a great example of just such a church planter. Pastor Sims planted Charity Baptist Church in Lafayette, Indiana in 2006 and has been making disciples that make a difference ever since. You don’t want to miss an incredible story he shares about the intense internal pressure he faced to compromise on the Great Commission. He is a great example of bold leadership in the face of such pressure! Pastor Sims would never say this, but we all need a dose of the courage he exhibited in this time of crisis in his church!
- His call from the plow to the pulpit.
- Steps he has taken to build and maintain outward focus.
- Current steps he is taking to impact Lafayette.
- Pastor Sims recently attended the “State of the City” address in his city. He was the only pastor in attendance! And, government officials were puzzled by his presence. What an opportunity!
- Pastor Sims uses the concept of foreign missions to connect his people to the concept of local outreach.
Pastor Sims offered to connect with church leaders that are planting a church or are experiencing similar challenges. His contact info is as follows:
email – email@example.com
twitter – @msimspreach
Church website – charityGodsway.org