Step #1: Reimagine Your Role
What is your church’s role in your community? And, what is your role outside the church’s walls?
Most churches have clear mission statements and defined processes for just about everything inside their walls. But, many churches exhibit much less clarity when it comes to their role in their community. Stated differently, many churches know what their church membership roll should look like but not what their role in the community should look like.
Further, most committed Christians know what their role is or at least should be inside the “Christian bubble” of church, school or home. But, many Christians exhibit much less clarity when it comes to their role in their community.
We really need to nail these down! Scripture sets out four roles for a church and committed Christians in a community. Here they are:
The Church’s 4 Roles Outside its Walls
- The Light. Christians have a single priority: the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20). We should be making disciples who make a difference every day everywhere.
- The Heart. We should be making a key difference in the spiritual, physical and even economic problems of the community (Matt. 5:16).
- The Conscience. We should provide our communities with an accurate moral compass. (Matt 5:13-14).
- The Guide. We should guide our communities into a purposeful, bright future. (Jer. 29:7).
For more information about these roles, listen to this podcast episode on the topic.
On to Step #2:
Step #1 is to reimagine your role. Step #2 is to master common obstacles to community transformation. So, on to Step #2.
What do you need help with?
We help churches and Christians in the following ways:
- Speaking at Events/Churches
- Legal Partnerships
Contact us today with questions or to schedule a speaker!
Here are our latest blog posts and podcast episodes:
Church leaders and other committed Christians now face a series of complex and culturally sensitive questions that would have been inconceivable to Christians a hundred years ago. So, how should we navigate these questions without losing our confidence or jeopardizing...read more