The task of discipling the next generation in the Christian faith is a critical and increasingly complex one. In this episode, I address the purpose, obstacles and goal of Christian education in changing times.
Here is a list of potential goals for educational systems (and especially Christian schools) in the information age. We can build:
- Cogs for the industrial revolution,
- Einsteins for the technological revolution,
- Citizens for the American republic,
- Converts for the Christian bubble or
- Disciples for making a difference.
- The importance of Deuteronomy 4:6-9 and why we should use the concept of a grade system (1st grade, 2nd grade, etc.) in our spiritual lives.
- 3 cultural forces that complicate Christian education.
- Why the story of Daniel highlights the necessity and goal of Christian education in a post-Christian culture.
- The difference between a map and a compass.
- Don’t Build Einsteins with a GPS. Build Christians with a Compass.